Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

YAR!

So, I saw Lucas, another one of the CBYX kids on Saturday while heading towards the Spandau Rathaus. I was REALLY REALLY REALLY happy to see him ^^. The night before, I went to a ‚modern music concert’ with my host father... it was definitely strange. And not the best. A fourth of the audience went home during the intermission. The last piece was good because it had a video, but the other pieces were rather... ... ... not so great. Sunday I cooked meat for my host family, and THEY LIKED IT!!! It was really just meat with weird German ‚barbecue sauce’ on it, but I liked it as well.

I got a 4 on a thing in sport class, which is like a D in America. To be honest though, I don’t care. It actually felt good getting a low grade. In America I always got good grades so I always felt more competitive, but now it seems to matter less and less to me as every day goes by. Not that school is going bad for me, of course. I had a French test today, and I think I did really well on it. I also answered some questions in my PK Biology class, and they were right, so that’s good... I feel like I’m getting less and less things to say here. I believe it’s because this place is starting to feel more and more like home. In fact, I was sitting in class today, thinking about why I felt so regular, and I realized it’s because I felt at home.

There’s this one boy at my school who is extremely rude to me. This is going to sound awful, but I wonder why he has friends... He has yelled at me about four times so far, and he makes fun of me and my German while I’m standing right there. But, there’s another boy who’s really nice to me. In fact, he offered to teach me how to ice skate. Everyone’s nice to me actually, except for that one kid.

I talked to my community representative yesterday in German. I was SO happy when she told me that I was DEFINITALY progressing above the average rate, and I would know less than half of what I know know if I had been progressing at that rate. That made me feel so much better about my German. I really like my community representative, she’s a nice lady.

I’m going on vacation tommorow to some area around... some area... around... Stuttgart? And I have a book called Antigone that I need to read over my autumn vacation, my last day of school for two weeks is Monday, for German class. As for the weather, it already hailed/rained, it’s been so cold for awhile that I could see my breath in the air, and it has already snowed, I believe, in Southern Germany. Take that, Arizona. I will be posting some pictures whenever I get around to it. I live next to this really pretty park, and I ride through it twice a day on my bicycle to and from school. There’s a really steep incline in part of it, and I go down it every morning to get to school... I’m always afraid of going down it because the whole thing is gravel. One time a person was walking in the middle of the road under the incline, and I almost ran them over...

Yesterday, I went to an art exhibit with my class, and I really liked it. It was all surrealistic style art and I have never seen anything like it before. After that, I went meet my community representative, but spent about two hours with this kid from my class while travelling back to the area we live in. I really like spending time with the kids from school ^^. Don’t tell my host mom, but tuesday I found a bag of western-style barbecue chips in Kaiser’s, and I ate all of them. They tasted funny. Maybe it wasn’t just a coincidence that my stomach hurt the next day...

RAMMSTEIN!!!!!!! They have some new material out, and tommorow I am going to buy it from the store, and have it, and love it, and have it, and love it, and adore it ^^.

About the cold, it feels like claws are digging into your skin. Speaking of skin, I had burned my fingers while cooking rice, and then the skin got all wrinkly and nasty, but now it’s starting to peel off.

I've gained 3.3 pounds here. My lower leg muscles are bigger now ^^ (I think it's from all of the walking, bike riding, and sports I do here), and I had a terrible case of killer pimples all over my face for 2 weeks, but they finally deserted me last week-ish.

Does anyone have any questions about anything in Germany?

No comments:

Post a Comment