Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So, for Wandertag my class took a group dancing lesson, and the teacher was SO cute that I wouldn’t be surprised if some people took classes taught by him, just to watch him jump around. Because that’s what we did. Jumpstyle dancing is a traditional sort of dancing from the Netherlands, according to some kids in my class, where the whole time, you’re really just jumping all over the place. We all totally sucked at the dance though. We mainly focused on salsa dancing during the lesson, and then we had to dance with someone. So... I had my first dance with a boy o.O He thought I didn’t know the dance moves though, only because I was really uncomfortable, and I didn´t want to be there, so I wasn’t trying... he thought it was because I didn’t understand German, so he had the teacher teach me in English. The teacher taught me by dancing with me. So, I also got to dance with a really hot guy xD.

On the way to Wandertag, I met some people on the bus. They were 4 university exchange students, two from Spain and two from Italy, who were talking to each other in English, since it’s the only language they could use to communicate with each other. None of them really knew any German, but they all seemed really nice, and all :D. One was surpised that I was so young and in a forgein country, she said when she was 15 she wanted to be around her mom. I feel better now though, for going into a country where I don’t know the language, since they are basically doing the same thing, but at an even higher and harder level. On the way back, I met a Britsh lady that teaches at an institute here in Berlin, and her German student. I also met a guy from England, and then on the bus I talked to these two guys that were totally decked out in American apparel, but were Germans... I really like Berlin’s public transportation.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I’ve been riding my bike about half way to school, then taking the bus the rest of the way. It cuts off 20 minutes each way. The little neighbor girl also woke me up by knocking on my bedroom door while holding a bowl of peanuts :D. She was SOOO cute (about 5 years old too), and she apparently had been asking and asking when the African was finally going to come xD (she thinks I’m from Africa).

I also had gone to see these huge puppet things with my host family. One was a girl who was 13 meter high or so, and was riding around in basically a boat pulled by a truck, and the other was her uncle. We stood around for a while, waiting for the uncle to move, but he didn't... I bought a shirt that says Berlin all over it, and I also saw these other really cool shirts with things like "74 million Germans cannot speak Bavarian".

Today I was talking to a girl from the French speaking part of Switzerland. She’s also an exchange student at the German highschool I’m going to ^^. I was invited to someone’s birthday party as well :D, but I’m not able to go because my host family and I are going on vacation... I checked out a bunch of books from the library. Some are novels, but one is a book on art, and another is about chemistry. I want to also read my textbooks so that I can understand better what’s going on, and to learn of course... I’m learning how to form the imperfect tense in German ^^. That’s like my favorite tense :D. I got my first grade today, it was on a drawing of my eye and another eye for art class... I got a 2- on it, which is like a B- in America. I was happy though, because in this art class your drawing has to be PERFECT to get a 1, an A in America. Art class here is really hard, because the things we spent a week drawing in America, we spend a hour drawing here... I just hope I’ll do well on my tests... my exchange program asks the school that I get graded on my learning of the German language, not so much on the teachers’ lessons, but I still want to know what hard, cold, I-don’t-care-if-you’re-foreign grade I would get. I also kind of have to maintain good enough grades to NOT get sent back to America xD (don’t get your hopes up, mom). By the way, I also have my first English essay due on Wednesday. I wonder how many, if any, mistakes my teacher will find? We were told that we would get our first essays back with a ton of corrections, but we were also told that we would not understand a foreign language class (like French or Spanish) here, so we shouldn’t take one, but I totally get my French class, so perhaps the only fault my teacher would find will be huge, gigantor, run-on setences with tons of commas, much like the one I’m writing right now, but I really don’t want to end it now, since I want to get my point across; although, perhaps I should have used semicolons? (98 word sentence, lol?)

Last, but not least, I have a thing (lol?). It’s three letters long, and rhymes with car. I have a car :D. My mom bought me a car for my birthday/Christmas/I’m-so-not-ever-going-to-get-another-present-again. It’s a blue Honda Civic Lx, with no stickshift, a huge trunk, and wonderful gas mileage. The gas mileage is so good that my mom has decided to drive it to work every day until I get back -_-’. That alone will save her $150 a month.

As for CBYX news, we were told that we should both shower and change our underwear more often. Apparently, some people were not showing and not changing their underwear... in language camp, they had told us a story about a kid who had hid his/her (oh yeah, you can’t use the word „their“ to stand for a singular noun, according to my SAT-preparation book. My quotation marks will look funny, due to the fact that I am using a German keyboard, and Germans write their marks like that) underwear under his/her bed, then his/her host mom found it. Ew, anyone? In language camp, we had also gone into the boys’ bathroom to get internet access, since we got like 4 bars of wi-fi reception on the window sill in there xD.

I went to a hockey club last Wednesday, and one of the guys from there told me later that I really really sucked -_-’. He had actually been an exchange student to America, and I met another kid who went to America too :D. I sort of sounded like I would shut up, then I just kept talking throughout this whole blog. I guess I will stop now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment