Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yo

Ok. There's not an amazingly large surplus of days before I go back home, just 58. Although that is a long time, it's still dwarfed by the much larger amount of days in ten and a half months. What am I trying to say? I would rather be living those days out, instead of taking so much time to write my blog ^^. That is why it has taken about a month for me to update this.

06.04.10

I finally went to the big zoo in Berlin! Some time I will have to hit up the aquarium too though... but anyways, I totally forgot that I was supposed to be going to the zoo with my neighbors, so I ended up being a bit late, but I went to the zoo with them and their grandchildren, and it was fun. The little boy held my hand, and it was all just so cute :3.

07.04.10

I ate ice cream at the Florida Eiscafé, and arranged to go with her to a college class, to get the feel of what it's like to attend college in Germany.

23.04.10

Tara slept over my house, and we went shopping, and I had a lot of fun. I finally bought new jeans, and was happy to find some for just 9 Euros. I found some other cheap stuff too, and was very very happy with myself.

24.04.10

I went to a seminar for the parents of kids who're going abroad next year (so, parents of German exchange students), and they asked me a lot of questions about, well, basically what it's like to be an exchange student. It was a lot of fun.

25.04.10

I went to the smaller zoo in Berlin with my boyfriend's mother. It was weird, because this drunk dude decided to hit on me on the subway (even though it wasn't noon yet, he was still drunk...), and tried to sit between my boyfriend's mom and me, then he turned to me and started talking. I didn't understand what was happening at first. But, we walked away and so he left.

But at the zoo, my favorite part was with the stork thingies. They were free to just walk out of their pen, and the visitors could pet them. One didn't like ANYONE, and another was nice, but ended up hitting a little kidy in the face with his beak... the kid was ok though, and I got to take pictures with one of the birds. This one was a LOT calmer than the others.

°°°

So, this part is basically just a rambling summary of random things that have happened to me. I managed to get a few 'jobs' going, and have earned a total of €67 now :D. I help two people out with learning English, and another girl I just sort of watch until she gets her homework done, because otherwise she wouldn't be very productive.

My German blog found its way onto the website from my German high school. You can find it here.

Other than that, I'm really tired right now. It feels like life is picking up speed. So many things are happening.

I also signed up for a marathon. My host mom is worried, because it's 5 kilometers wrong, and she doesn't want me to collapse somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment